Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello From Bulgaria  (Read 2050 times)

Bulgarian Smallholding

• Joined Dec 2017
Hello From Bulgaria
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:37 pm »
Hi, I am an Englishman (Robert), married to a Russian Lady and have support on the Bulgarian Organic Smallholding from a German and a Bulgarian Lady.

We have about 15 acres of land overall albeit, most of that is agricultural land in 5 lots and some is rented from my local Municipality.  So far, we are growing Lucerne and a Rye Grass Mix (seeded a month ago) for grazing.  We have a field of wheat, one of rapeseed which were seeded by someone else who was using my land before I got it back and I still have two more fields to seed next spring.

Currently, we have 4 Ewes and a Ram and will be hoping for some newborn Lambs next year.  We also intend to start raising Pigs and Chickens too and see what else may develop as we go along. Domestic pets - we have 6 dogs all mixed breeds and rescues and 3 cats.

We are more or less independent of outside contractors with all of the farming equipment we have invested in this past year and now, is the time to hopefully start to see some return on my investment. Although, I am on Facebook etc. I prefer Forums where information is easier to find and search when one has the time or justs wants someone's opinion as by no means am I an expert in the field of Smallholding and have to learn as I go along.

So, that is a little about me/us our Smallholding.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Hello From Bulgaria
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:34:44 pm »
Welcome from Devon. Good to meet you!! :wave:

Bulgarian Smallholding

• Joined Dec 2017
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »
 :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »
Welcome!   :wave:  I live on a Cohousing community with small farm in Cornwall, UK.  We have regular visitors here who look after a smallholding in the mountains outside Sofia.  They're WWOOF hosts, but at present have only dogs, cats, chickens and donkeys on the small farm.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
Hello and welcome from Wales. Look forward to hearing more about your venture
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 06:22:41 pm »
Hello and welcome :wave:

What made you decide to go to Bulgaria?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:35:14 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire.

Bulgarian Smallholding

• Joined Dec 2017
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 05:09:18 pm »
Hello and welcome :wave:

What made you decide to go to Bulgaria?

I chose to live and settle here after 15 years of living and working in Russia so I already knew one Slavic language, culture and mentality which possibly made the move an easier transition for myself than if I had come here straight from the UK.

However, the main attraction are the prices for country housing and agricultural land.  I simply could not afford to do what I am doing here in the UK as having been out of UK housing market for too long. 

Bulgarian Smallholding

• Joined Dec 2017
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 05:11:02 pm »
Thank you to all for the welcomes.

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 07:00:42 pm »
 :wave: from the Fens

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS