Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: And another  (Read 2146 times)

zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2011
And another
« on: December 14, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »
and another visitor

Terry T

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Norfolk
Re: And another
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 05:45:44 pm »
We also get a fair few muntjac at our place in S Norfolk. They cause lots of damage to trees unfortunately and so aren’t good for our native vegetation. They breed prolifically, I’m sure I read that females generally get pregnant around 2 says after giving birth.

Taste good though ...

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »
I was really shocked to see one at the allotment next door to our house.
20mins walk from Leicester city centre!!!
I knew their northern range is around Leicestershire but had no idea they would go in right into the city! Seen muntjac before in Hatfield forest near Stansted airport.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:43 am »
Their northern range is a lot further north than Leicestershire, there are thriving colonies in Yorkshire and has been for several years so no doubt they have moved on further up too.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »
Yep. They have seen off 60 willow whips on our land!!

zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »
Lots of muntjac here and roe deer as well. Some roe deer culling goes on and a bit of poaching!
A huge amount of road kill because roads here aren't as quiet as some areas. A lot of wildlife cause headaches for farmers but that's the price of conservation. As long as they don't want to conserve pigeons that's ok for me!!!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS