Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Residential log cabins  (Read 4362 times)

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
Residential log cabins
« on: December 11, 2017, 07:55:08 pm »
Has anyone here have any advice and experiences with residential timber log cabin companies on here?

My OH and i are looking into getting one of these and would like recommendations. We have already looked at Norwegian Log and are impressed.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: Residential log cabins
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:14 am »
I like to daydream and look at https://www.quick-garden.co.uk/

We went to their "showroom"  and they can be modified as well

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
We are about to order The Croft from Pathfinderhomes.co.uk. Hubby is a joiner by trade so he is ultra fussy about build quality etc. and we viewed one of these at the Yorkshire show and he liked it. The company have been very helpful and each cabin is individually made to your specifications.
Good luck

So many ideas, not enough hours

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »
We've also been looking at Timberspecs. Obviously a lot of research is needed as thiswould be a very big purchase.

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:39:30 pm »
had a look at the Croft...louise g....is it hundreds of thousands ? Couldn't find a price.
Would like something like this as a granny flat.Don't think I could get planning permission. Have a barn but my council say it is too small and only suitable for additional living space. Could probably get it for tourist reasons..then landed with business tax .A lot of people do that round here and then try and get a change to residential/separate building when they say their is no demand.
Alternatively I could get my son living in it and claim he was an agricultural worker...we only have 12 acres.
It would replace an old asbestos shed in the garden.
Do they have to have epc ratings ?                         

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »
Mobile homes, caravans and park homes are exempt from requiring an Energy Performance Certificate. These types of mobile structures are not considered to meet the property criteria that require the certificate. If your estate agent has advised you to get an EPC for your mobile home, caravan or holiday park home, you should contact them for a reimbursement as it is not required.

Exempt properties

Properties exempt from the Housing Act 2004 are:
Non-residential, such as offices, shops, warehouses. Mixed use, a dwelling house which part of a business (farm, shop, petrol station).
Unsafe properties, a property that poses a serious health and safety risk to occupants or visitors. Properties to be demolished, properties that are due to be demolished where the marketing of the property, all the relevant documents and planning permission exists.
Listed buildings (Recast of EPC requirements from 9 January 2013).
Stand alone buildings of less than 50m2 (Recast of EPC requirements from 9 January 2013)
Buildings of religion or worship (Recast of EPC requirements from 9 January 2013)
Residential buildings with use of less than 4 months per year (Recast of EPC requirements from 9 January 2013)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:27:00 pm by alang »

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 07:20:42 pm »
Juliem the Croft is about £52k fully fitted with beds, white goods in kitchen, sofa, chairs & table, curtains etc. so just bed sheets and cutlery to buy. Hope that helps

So many ideas, not enough hours

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS