Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Brown watery pooh  (Read 2650 times)

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Brown watery pooh
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »
Hi all does this occur or is it something a little more. Its kinda diorhea looking, Brown in colour and rather watery. Think what ever one it is, had it when it arrived, so ive just assumed it normal. But I seemed to notice it more today for some reason? Help Please

Craig
Craig

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Brown watery pooh
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:49 pm »
Ok take it this is normall then. Maybe put some bisto down, that will help!!
Craig

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:03:14 pm »
Maybe no-one knows WPF, I'd have thought she might have a bug, but that's just common sense rather than actual knowledge of hens.  Have you tried any remedies? I vaguely remember someone mentioning feeding them hard boiled eggs on occasion, and I know I give puppies that if they are a bit runny so that might work.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:25:45 pm »
not to sure about it at all doganjo, she was defo that way when she arrived, maybe all the russian ivy shes eatin wont be helping oh n the roses lolI will keep an eye on it see what happins

Craig
Craig

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:38 am »
its hard to say based on the poo alone. it can change so much. if she is fit and healthy and wormed then don't worry. if in doubt get some water antibiotic and treat her. treat with cider vinager this should help kill off any bugs nocking about. give a poultry suppliment may also help.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:26 am »
I was told that every 7th (or whatever) chicken dropping is brown and of a different, runnier consistency.  It is caused when they are cleaning out a different bit of the gut.  It's not actually watery but definitely not the firm type they normally produce, and does not include white.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »
ah Ok fleecewife Thank you. no point to worry about it now. I was just drawn to it, as I never seen it with my first 6 birds. But noticed it straight away when the other 8 arrived.

Craig
Craig

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS