Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: herbicide for ivy  (Read 2406 times)

trefnantbach

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
herbicide for ivy
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:19:20 pm »
I'm doing some groud clearing work around the garden and buildings and need to get rid of some ivy growing and damaging the walls. I've tried what I had in the shed i.e. grazon, pathclear and chlorate but none them make any difference to the ivy. has anyone had success with any other product?

pasture eyes

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: herbicide for ivy
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48:18 pm »
The best way to get rid of it is to cut all stems off about 4 to 6 inches from the ground and treat them with 4% glyphosate (usually in stores as Roundup - but u pay for the name) 4% = 40 mils glyphosate to 1 litre of water, dab it on cut stem with half-inch paint brush, dose again after an hour if u can.    That will usually kill it off in about 10 to 14 days.   Pull whats clinging/climbing up surfaces away from what its growing on, so it is deprived of nutrient/moisture and it will die in a few weeks.   Once brown and dead, pull it off completely.    You may need to do some stems again next year.     Good luck      :farmer:

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS