Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Food for thought  (Read 3053 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Food for thought
« on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:53 am »
COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a
single cow, born in Bourne almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Lincolnshire?
And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls.
But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Re: Food for thought
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:23 am »
THE BRITISH CONSTITUTION

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq ...
Why don't we just give them ours? It was drawn up by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for centuries and we're not using it anymore
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 11:54:16 am »
Let's put the seniors in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.  This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.   
They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.
They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.   
They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool and education.
Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.
Private, secure rooms for all, with an  exercise outdoor yard, with  gardens.
Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.
Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.
Live in a tiny room and pay £900.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.   
Justice for all we say.

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:59:27 am »
Love it all  Anne..my you are so clever today  ::)
 I never thought about the prison bit but as I worked with ex cons often, I know what you mean...Oh and the one person that I had trouble with here is inside Her Majesties hotel loosing weight at the nice private members gym and doing a degree, also paid for by us law obiding people on the outside... ::)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »
Now girls. A bit tetchy today are we? LOL

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:28 pm »

Nice one Annie  ;D. If it wasn't true it would be funny
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:21 pm »
No shoutin at Wizard.I know its in the wrong place but only good here!
He was a trickcyclist attached to the Prison and arriving home late for dinner the O/H sets about him You can make yourself a buttie your lovely Fillet Steak and trimmings are in the Doberman.By the way the Microwave is the bright brushed Stainless Steel box on the work top that has a green light on it tells you its 22:22 Long after dinner time.Where have you been?Well we had a bit of a panic at the Prison .You remember that chap that chopped that policeman into little bits Well he is in Isolation and they called me in to see if I could get him to eat his dinner.What did he have for his dinner.Kippers and Ice lolly.Why do they feed him that Because its all that will go under the friggin door
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »
Love it all  Anne..my you are so clever today  ::)
Have to be honest - none of it mi oan wirk ;) ;)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »
The statements are depressingly true though.  :(

You should see and hear some of the things we do in our shop...........

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 11:35:19 pm »
Bumped into a sledge team again in Devilla Forest, love that idea and they fed raw diet and recomended it!!!!! Not sure how or the economics but I may try!!!!!!!
I worked in social services and jobs related to addition and conviction and now with the B&B see mostly men, from all over, chase £££££'s..all are struggling whereas..some local people, just moved in have had at least 6 taxis today and non work :o :o When we did not have a car, I would walk one way or take my bike and carry the shopping on the handle bars..for F sake we are only 3 miles from the shops!!!!! and they are young and healthy looking people!! If I had my time again I would never work and never have stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 10:51:22 am »
3 MILES!  Goodness me, Sandy there's the Co-op practically next door to them!  Hope they don't give you any more worry.  I got an approximate cost from Stu and Katy of about £60 a month for my 5 dogs on raw food if that's any help.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 09:40:33 pm »
Bumped into a sledge team again in Devilla Forest, love that idea and they fed raw diet and recomended it!!!!! Not sure how or the economics but I may try!!!!!!!

Do it Sandy, the raw I mean.  :)

I run my Malamute and Leonberger in harness..............bit too warm here at the moment though  :(

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS