Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poultry or pet show in Angus or nearby? How do I start?  (Read 1612 times)

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Poultry or pet show in Angus or nearby? How do I start?
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:25:30 pm »
My son has a lemon milfleur Sablepoot cockerel. He is the friendliest thing - today he went to playgroup and wandered around the hall being stroked, held and fed by all the little children, quite happily  :love:

My son is only three and I'm not sure that this cock is anything to win prizes with, but is so friendly and quite showy and Peter loves the idea of taking him to a pet/chicken show. I've done a bit of googling, but nothing useful comes up. Does anyone know where we should start please?  Thanks in advance!

Also; anyone got spare lemon milfleur hens for sale?

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Poultry or pet show in Angus or nearby? How do I start?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »
Are there any agricultural shows near you?  We generally show at the Royal Three Counties as we're there stewarding the livestock judging anyway, and the Royal Welsh also has an open competition but I don't know about non-local shows.  If you look at the Poultry Club UK site you'll see the official ones, but you'll need to be a member to compete. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:56:17 pm »
A lot of the small country shows have pet and dog shows. Ask your local council if they know of any.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »
Thanks, will have a look.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS