Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Local Council Planning Maps and Ord' Survey updates  (Read 1574 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Local Council Planning Maps and Ord' Survey updates
« on: December 03, 2017, 04:58:44 pm »
(This is not about planning issues so I'm posting this here.)
I do a periodic on-line check of Local Council (LC) planning applications in the vicinity of my land (especially to check whether a certain ghastly neighbour is up to anything!!).  Was v surprised to find today that my Council's interactive map now shows a new track-way across my fields as well as the line of my new deer/rabbit (d/r) fence in Field 1 (which is very accurately mapped actually, including the Clipex Beefy kinks).  I was quite nonplussed!
Ord' Survey must have been updating their mapping in the area recently and their satellite (or other aerial) imaging must be giving extremely detailed images to pick up my car tracks in the sward (now considered to be a track-way) and the thin line of d/r fencing.  But, they haven't "mapped" my 2 ISO containers - I can only assume they could identify those as potentially moveable objects and, therefore, not worthy of "mapping"!
Oddly though, while they have picked up my new d/r fence line, they have not picked up my ghastly neighbour's new earth banks (that have not gone through the LC's permitted-development tests) - pity about that!

Wondering whether any other similar tales from members !?

As a whimsy:  how many years before this telephone conversation:   "Hello arobwk, Garth from Local Planning Dept here.  Just ringing to say we've noticed, from aerial reconnaissance, a picnic table on your land and I'm checking to see whether you've set its feet in concrete or if it's still moveable" ... "The latter" ... "Ok, that's fine then.  Before I hang-up though, I would point out that your burgers are burning - I'll let you go to sort the BBQ. Have a nice day."
 ??? :D

[Field 2 d/r fence in construction:  I shall be interested to see when Ord Survey pick that up!]

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Local Council Planning Maps and Ord' Survey updates
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:14:23 pm »
Well ..... I've just had a revised acreage notification for SFP from the Rural Payments Agency.  Apparently the afternoon one of their chaps spent walking around the farm with a measuring wheel in 2005 and the morning another spent literally on his hands and knees raking about under the leaf litter to determine how far the grazing extended in the wood in 2012 wasn't accurate enough.  How a satellite can determine exactly where a fenceline is when almost all have boundary trees and thick, centuries-old hedgerows hiding them for most of the year is beyond me.  Also all our land slopes and some fields slope in three directions, so the footprint from above bears no relationship to the actual area ....

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 05:33:47 pm »
I noticed last night that Googke Earth has no trace of my house and sheds (first shed built 5 years ago) or my immediate neighbours house (7 years old) however the neighbour 500m away has a horse arena which was only built last year and is clearly visible!!!

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 05:41:44 pm »
I went to click on the "Like" button for last two posts, but button has disappeared!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS