Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My mission to day, Load the pigs  (Read 2044 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
My mission to day, Load the pigs
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
Well its time for the pigs to go for slaughter, its been a struggle the last few weeks with my illness and the fact that getting to the pig paddock has become an assault course,
the ground is sodden so much so that one sinks and sinks over boot level and pulling the leg up ou of the gloop  produces interesting noises from the knee ! Oh and I transport everything on a child’s sled dragged behind me !
A couple of weeks ago Mrs RTB and I winched the small trailer over to the paddock in anticipation to a one way trip in the mire.
Well now its time for your amusement.
1pm, the usual 1pm.. and over I go open the trailer again to show the nice comfy bedding isl there and Oh look Bananas again , now before its “ Look Bananas” and in to the trailer we go, have a mooch about and back out for a wee and bed.
You can see what is coming next.

On the  ( foolish assumption ) that all should go well I take my rather nice but wobbly making opiate pain killers and   over I go, this be a bit of cake. Open trailer  over the girls come, open fence  ,  pig 1 goes in , Oh yessss , Oh no Pig 2  “ Nah I want to look at mud today, byee “
So One pig in trailer  other going for a wander through the mud, I cant chase them as  every-time my telescopic walking stick gets stuck I pull it up and just ends up as  2 sticks connected by some elastic !! A hour later shes teasing me , close but not that close her mate making a bed and chasing pellets, but number 2 just not close enough to get behind  her on the ramp.Mrs RTBSod this ! Sent Mrs RTB to make nice cup of tea ( pig 2 not a fan of  Mrs RTB )  I sit on the Ark and explain to her that I donrt want to get shouty shouty , hitty hitty but 2 hours is taking the mick.
Tea arrives, a nice big hot steaming mug, gosh I need it as I'm frozen and  my wibblly is becoming even  more wobbly.
As I take my first sip No 2 looks up and says “ Ok Fatso 10 seconds I'll be on the ramp for , lets see if you can make it from the ark to the trailer in that time “

At the speed of a thousand fleeing greased pigs I am off the ark and behind her in to the trailer , gates shut and ramp up.
I needn’t tell you about the mud , need I ?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: My mission to day, Load the pigs Part 2 The easy bit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:04:06 pm »
The easy bit
I did mention that the route to the paddock was a bit “soft” didnt I ?

So the challenge in the best tradition of the leadership course is to recover one laden trailer ,100yards  or so to the concrete driveway.
I have three  8x4 marine ply boards
one 2 tonne electric winch anchored to a tractor .
And a very cold wet tired and hungry Mrs RTB
And so 4ft by 4 ft the trailer is transported with it’s now snoring cargo  over the mire .
An easy operation, considering.
Just an hour later and we are on terra firma .

Mrs TRB to the shower  first whilst I wear the mud pack of shame..
Do it all again ? You betcha
Shower pills bed ….........

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: My mission to day, Load the pigs
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:56:49 pm »
You're mad lol Give up the pigs and go back to the day job  :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:13:58 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Did you manage to drink your cup of tea?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 09:19:51 am »
Hope the pork tastes good
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:14 pm »
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Did you manage to drink your cup of tea?
No, I can see the mug still sitting on the ark from here.  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS