Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: small starter flocks available for sale.  (Read 1486 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
small starter flocks available for sale.
« on: November 25, 2017, 02:32:24 pm »
I have a few breeding ewe lambs for sale and 2-3 breeding ram lambs available as tups. Out of different mothers. All come from good genetics and milky/fertile mothers. Their sire is out of a prize winning showram and is a top 5% EBV recorded lad. Their grandsire was a bearwood Lleyn tup and was top 10% EBV recorded. All Pure Lleyn. Entirely reared off grass, with no concentrates, until now when I am giving them a little over the winter. They are May born. So will be able to breed next year. All have good temperaments, easy to handle and are pretty friendly. I am selling them in groups of 4 with 1 ram :) PM for more details/pics/prices, or to arrange a visit, and I will get back to you.
Cheers
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: small starter flocks available for sale.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:25:19 pm »
If you sell the females with a male just now wouldn't he mate the girls... so any buyer would need to supply their own wether companion for the tup (and separate field, preferably not adjacent)? Sounds a bit of a logistical nightmare... they would also have to be transported separately at this time of year?

NewLifeOnTheFarm

• Joined Jun 2016
Re: small starter flocks available for sale.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:27 pm »
Surely thats for the buyer to worry about, might suit some who want late lambs this year.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS