Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Trustedhousesitters.com Free house sitting and animal care.  (Read 1696 times)

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
Trustedhousesitters.com Free house sitting and animal care.
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:30:46 pm »
Do people know of this site? It links people willing to take holidays to pet sit and house mind  (without charging a fee ) with people needing to get away. There is an annual subscription of a £89 . We have only been taking shortbreaks of a couple of days at a time since we moved here because of the hens and dog ( and now the cat that owns us)
We have been toying with trying it out but have taken the plunge.
I posted a sitter request on Saturday and by Sunday morning  had people from all over the world happy to move in for a couple of weeks in June to look after everything. There is some vetting but you can talk through what you want by Skype etc and form a view but there are references available.
We selected a couple who will be house sitting nearby in january so we will have met them and shown them round before they come.
I will post how successsful it is but thought it might be of interest to others.
Greg

Part time dabbler

• Joined Aug 2016
  • Cornwall
Re: Trustedhousesitters.com Free house sitting and animal care.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
Have you exhausted your list of friends and family first?

I am sure the people are genuine and trustworthy but nothing beats the people you know already.

BTW I have heard of the website from a couple of years ago and had wondered what it would be like.
Physically part time in the garden, mentally full time in the garden

Ghdp

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Conwy
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 03:58:59 pm »
Ha. Friends and family are always a first port of call but a two week 'ask' is a huge slice of 'holiday entitlement' for them all.
I am more than happy to give this a go and report back. We are able to offer them a separate holiday home and frankly we already know more about the couple coming than any of our holiday guests!!

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 05:54:04 pm »
Hi, my brother house sits all round the world for Trustedhousesitter website. His partner is from NZ so they spend half their time here and half there and take a few months to get each way. We are planning on using them. You can interview potential sitters usually over Skype etc. and just be selective about who you choose.

Hope that helps

So many ideas, not enough hours

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS