Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lots of shows!  (Read 2980 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Lots of shows!
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:52:15 pm »
 So this is our busy week, we go to Kelso tomorrow for the Border Union show, home on Saturday night. A day of rest (so they say) on Sunday, back to work on Monday, then Tuesday, up to past Inverness for the Black Isle. This is a double show, so one show on Wednesday with one judge, then another show on Thursday with another judge. Home late on Thursday night, and down to Dumfries on Friday lunchtime for the show there. Back on Saturday from there. Oh, and my mum and sister are taking a few goats to Perth show which is also on Saturday!

5 shows in 7 days- must be mad!

Eeeek!

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Lots of shows!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:12:51 pm »
Goodness, you and the goats will be on the road a lot.  Do you carry them in a small trailer, or one of the larger livestock ones?  Our goats all love to go out, seem to enjoy travelling, do goats.

I am just the busy time for horse shows too.  Out this Sunday driving event.  Then every weekend through August, a few weekends different shows on Saturday and Sunday.  And thats us who are supposed to have cut down on shows this year (and we have!)

Mays

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:28:45 pm »
you will need a holiday after that! :)

Teresa

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:31:37 pm »
How do you find out when and where goat shows are held? :goat:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:12:41 am »
What a good question Teresa!

There are a few different ways.

You could get in touch with your local goat club, or with someone local who shows goats.

Also, all goat show's which are British Goat Society recognised are listed on their website- here http://www.allgoats.co.uk/

For agricultural shows which have goat classes for just a day, that's more difficult as there is no absolute list. Google is a good tool for searching out local agricultural shows, and if they have a website it should tell you if they have goat classes or not. Or you could go back and try your local goatkeeper/ club.

Whereabouts are you Teresa?

Beth

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:47:27 pm »
Every year i go to my local Tourist Information Centre and get a copy of the list of all the local shows and events in the year coming up, it has dates and a phone number for each and its secretary, i call them and get sent a scedule for each show, this for the my ponies but most do goat classes too
So could be worth a try for all your local ones? Just a thought
Danielle

Teresa

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:58 am »
Im in Buckinghamshire but i never seem to hear of many shows going on. I've been to a few national shows and seen goats being shown but never anything more local.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS