Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Use/income from paddocks  (Read 5099 times)

Bella

• Joined Aug 2008
Use/income from paddocks
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:45:51 am »
Hi, I'm just starting out and looking at my first small holding.  It is larger than I would like for my first place, but it is in the area I would like so I may go ahead and buy it.  But, I would need to earn some income from the paddocks and any advice or direction as to how would be gratefully received.  I have been looking for somewhere to find out how I can make good use of them, and make some money to help with the costs e.g how to rent out to people to keep horses etc.  There is planning permission to build a stable/tack room at the paddocks.  Eventually I would like to build it up and have chickens, bees, pigs and alpachas and 2 donkeys but it will take time to build this up and I need to earn from the paddocks in the meantime.  Any suggestions are welcome, many thanks, Bella.  :chook:  :bee: :pig:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Use/income from paddocks
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:50:59 am »
hiya 1st of all i would like to welcome you to the group, I have no personal knowledge of renting out that but if i remember wrightly i belived some one on here rent land from another person so hopefully you'll get some info soon

Linz

Bella

• Joined Aug 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:59:25 pm »
Thank you for your kind welcome!  Bella

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:47 pm »
thats okay :)

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:17:31 am »
hello bella i could proberly help you on this because this is very simular to the way we have started up but we have gone down a slightly different route  at the end but i have build stables for a staple income i u wanna ring me for more please do  i will do wat i can for u in advice and contacts i have made  how many acers is the land your after  because that can have a big bearing on how much protenchail incombe there is avaliable to earn   t8nks@hotmail.com  can either chat on there or i can give u my number if u would like any advice

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS