Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Morning!  (Read 5503 times)

Sandy

Re: Morning!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:57:42 pm »
Hi, its been a nice day today for a change (the weather!) so now I need to water some plants!!! I keep thinking how much better off financialy I was when I was working, running this big house and B&B drains us of £££'s, still I don't have to dress nice or keep a good car and of course I can stay with our 4 dogs!!! I hate applying for jobs!! Good luck!!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:50:34 am »
Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone.  I spent the day in the only place I really want to be - here  :D ;D  It stayed sunny all day and we had a look at the hay field and the weather forecast - hopes are up to cut it on Thurs.  What do you think Fergie?  Should we risk it?
Ser3dan - we have one ancient tractor (David Brown) which does the heavy stuff and a little Siromer which was very cheap but is reliable.  We also picked up most of our equipment second hand and OH got it all working. In this part of Scotland a vast amount of second hand machinery is bought up by dealers from N Ireland who can sell it for a profit over there, so you have to be quick and determined at auctions. The ferry from Stranraer to larne must look very funny on Lanark machinery sales days with everything from tractors and sheep trailers to dung spreaders and balers  :o
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:45 am »
Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone.  I spent the day in the only place I really want to be - here  :D ;D  It stayed sunny all day and we had a look at the hay field and the weather forecast - hopes are up to cut it on Thurs.  What do you think Fergie?  Should we risk it?

Fleecewife - I'm still a bit cautious about cutting hay.  Rain is forecast here on Thursday afternoon (with sunny intervals) and the barometric pressure is still low.  It should improve up to the weekend, but I'll be happier when the pressure starts to rise again.

Mind you, if I could forecast the future accurately I'd be happy & rich!

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 11:50:42 am »
Hi Fleecewife, I do know there's a David Brown 885 sat in a barn where my mum and dad keep their caravan and it hasn't moved for 10 years that I know of. I may have to go and knock at the farmhouse when I'm there later and ask them if they're interested in selling. I'm chuckling at what the ferry must look like - I'm trying to buy the big stuff whilst I'm working down here and have spare cash as once the move happens I'll be working for less money so am trying to make life a little easier for myself.
How nice will it be to not be working shifts, and I can look like  :farmer:  :D

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 01:52:36 am »
<< Fleecewife - I'm still a bit cautious about cutting hay.  Rain is forecast here on Thursday afternoon (with sunny intervals) and the barometric pressure is still low>>

Yes, the forecasters got it wrong - as usual. More rain for Tues too.  So we will just be patient for a bit longer before we cut our hay.  They readjust the forecast so frequently that I think I will be better just watching the skies myself.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 01:58:54 am »
<< Hi Fleecewife, I do know there's a David Brown 885 sat in a barn where... >>

That sounds promising.  Ours is a 995 and had sat for years before we resurrected it.  It doesn't get a lot of work but even if we had it just for haymaking it's well worth it.

I'm so glad I don't work shifts any more  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS