Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Went to Wales yesterday  (Read 2483 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Went to Wales yesterday
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:47:25 pm »
Only just in Wales mind you!!

Fed all the animals, changed out of my jods, boots and hay covered jacket for the occasion :D  Horrible wet day here, with heavy rain.  Got down to Chirk, where I went in my favourite shop - a pet and animal feed supplies shop!  Most women would want to go in a clothes shop, but I love going in that shop, and if we go to Wales we must go via there.  Its great, you can walk round and actually SEE the bags of feed.  Here we ask for goat mix, and you get no choice, same with any feed.  Walk round that shop and you have a massive choice of different feeds for all animals.

Loaded up the 4x4, because they had their own brand of feed, and so much cheaper than here.  There was a lady from a dog food company, and she was so generous giving us lots of samples of feed for our dogs and cats, and cos we bought a big bag of feed, which we would have done anyway, we got a nice big free back pack.

Then we went to Llangollen, love it there, and the sun was shining too.  Had a stroll round, watched the horses pulling the barges up the canal, which was nice.  Then got an Oggie (really big so had one between us) and sat by the river and ate it.  I then insisted on driving up the horsshoe pass, OH grumbled a bit, as he said the Torrano was weighed down with all the feed, and would it get up there. Of course it did, and it was clear, so a nice view from the top!!

Got back in time for evening feeds.  We do not have many days out, so it was nice for a change.  Oh, and it had rained all day here, while we had a glorious day. But apparantly Llangollen does have a lot of sunshine.

Going to have another visit, and make for mid Wales next time. 

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Went to Wales yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:20:57 am »
Glad you had a good day - sets you up for the week!

bamford6

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:43:07 am »
iff you wont a nother day out go to the ram sales in late september lots off things to do buithwales fantastic day will be dawn this yere from scotland .is the horse shoe pass still the same or is it new wide road went with the school when i was a kid

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:09:16 pm »
Bamford, the road is a lot wider nowadays ....still as steep though.  We have a couple of very similar roads here, always a lot of motorbike deaths on them.  Really, I do not know why I fussed at going up the horseshoe pass, when we go up the ones here regularly, but seeing as I was there, why not?!!

bamford6

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »
fantastic place woud off lived in wales iff not in scotland

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:43:35 pm »
I like Scotland very much.  Furthest North I have been though is Ben Nevis, as my OH did the annual fell race up there for many years.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS