Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CAE Cost! - Update  (Read 2549 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
CAE Cost! - Update
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »
In shock here, had a bill for testing 7 goats, £150, that was bad enough, but just had the bill for the lab testing on top, another £50, am I being ripped off, I haven't got bottomless pockets, I'm beginning to think I'm being a mug.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:51:28 am by penninehillbilly »

angie

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: CAE Cost!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:06:27 pm »
Hi, just had three goats tested, use the bgs form and lab, cost me £66.72 which includes vat.
Break down is

30.24 for farm visit
23.28 for taking blood
13.20 for lab postage,packaging

Might be worth looking around for a competitive price next time, expensive enough without added costs.
I feel your pain.

Angie

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:30:52 pm »
When I last had my sheep done for MV testing the vet charged me for the lab fees as well as SAC doing so.  The vets had then added VAT to the lab bill.  I had words and they refunded the extra that they had charged me.  Has that happened here?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:17:48 pm »
I haven't had a bill from SACS, second bill was also from the vet, it does say in (VERY) small print lab fees not included, call out was about £50, so £100 for taking the blood? I'd done all the paperwork, all she had to do was write phial nmbr on each line, which I held goats in order of list, bam bam bam, no problems, one after the other, she probably wasn't here 10 mins.
Shame because they have a (outreach?) surgery which is convenient for us to get to, though about 10miles, and I like the vet I usually see, this girl was from the main branch.
I may phone on Monday, but looks like I'll be looking for another vet.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:33:53 am »
Ring and query the bill. They may have made a mistake. It doesn't sound right. If they have and correct it you will have changed vets for nothing for the sake of a phone call.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:48:14 am »
Yes, I'll be phoning, i can't let this go, just seems too much to believe.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:51:01 am »
Update, finally phoned vet last week, they phoned back today and said it was a mistake, by about £50.
What a relief!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS