Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Oxfordshire  (Read 1674 times)

vegpatch

• Joined Oct 2016
Hello from Oxfordshire
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:11:50 pm »
Just wanted to say 'hello'.  I've been lurking (and avidly reading all posts) on the site for a few months but now that we're finally moving from a house with a garden in the middle of town to one with a bigger vegetable patch and a small field on the edge of a village, I thought I'd introduce myself. 

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Re: Hello from Oxfordshire
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:28:34 pm »
Welcome to the best site around  :wave: Hope you will find it useful to get advice for your new venture  :thumbsup:  What are your plans for the field?  :pig: :chook: :goat: :sheep: ?

vegpatch

• Joined Oct 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »
Thanks nimbusllama.  At the stage of wanting everything but it isn't a very big field and we still have to work full-time (and commute) so I'm trying to be sensible.  Not sure how long that will last but our 7  :chook: and 2 :cat: are coming too.  Eventually I'd like more  :chook:, some  :&> and a few  :sheep:, and perhaps some bees.   I'd love a couple of   :pig: but I'm not sure I wouldn't end up with 2 gigantic, pig-shaped pets - which isn't supposed to be part of the plan!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 12:14:27 am »
Hi vegpatch from Shropshire. Whereabouts are you starting your new adventure? Sounds like it's exciting times.

vegpatch

• Joined Oct 2016
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »
Hi MGM - we're staying in Oxfordshire, but moving up towards Chipping Norton.  Would have loved to go further afield but jobs and schools means we have to stay in this area for some while longer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS