Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: After the AI man!  (Read 2589 times)

ferdi

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Devon
After the AI man!
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:45:49 am »
thanks to help and advice here I signed up with genus and have had my first AI visit.
However my cow finished her bulling period with her usual trace of blood from the vulva, is this normal or an indication that the service didn't take.

Many thanks

Ferdi

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: After the AI man!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:51:41 am »
I've noticed it after a successful visit - but I always count the days til her next bulling is due and watch for signs a few days before and after.
fingers crossed for you!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:29:19 am »
I've noticed it after a successful visit - but I always count the days til her next bulling is due and watch for signs a few days before and after.
fingers crossed for you!!

this.  :fc:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »
Heres tone of this years successes

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 05:39:30 pm »
Heres tone of this years successes
Beautiful animal! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

ferdi

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Devon
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 05:57:27 pm »
Thanks Scots Dumpy for giving me hope. Will be very pleased if i get a result as nice as yours.
As it's first calf I finally plumped for Angus bull called Duster .

:fc:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »
Thanks Scots Dumpy for giving me hope. Will be very pleased if i get a result as nice as yours.
As it's first calf I finally plumped for Angus bull called Duster .

:fc:
Hope all goes well :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 06:13:46 pm »
Thanks for the comments! She's aberdeen angus too - mum is a british blue x jersey from Mackies the ice cream people in Aberdeenshire.  Lovely cow (my favourite!!). The ai man also commented on the calf - she's a lot bigger now. The picture was taken when she was a few days old.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS