Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig and tags  (Read 2015 times)

Russpig

• Joined Aug 2017
Pig and tags
« on: September 24, 2017, 11:06:04 am »
Just a quick question. I bought a boar and sow a while back both tagged with last owners herd mark.
If I was to then sell these on would I have to take out there original tags and replace with my own herd mark? Or would they keep the tag they have in already?

PK

• Joined Mar 2015
  • West Suffolk
    • Notes from a Suffolk Smallholding
Re: Pig and tags
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »
They keep the tags they came with.

Russpig

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »
Many thanks for that as I wasn't sure, as some people have told me once they are on my holding they now have my herd mark but obviously not.
Thanks again

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:12 am »
I've just gone through this and its confusing. The advice from the person I spoke to at DEFFRA was that when you move them they need to be moved under your own herd number (on the licence and corresponding tags on the pigs). Nothing was mentioned about removing old tags but it seems weird that you can have a sow with several different tags? 

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 07:46:19 pm »
i just move them on the eartag /slapmark that they had when they came ,if the loose the tag you can use one of your own ,had no problems with that

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS