Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CPH movement query  (Read 1390 times)

SafeHaven

• Joined Mar 2017
CPH movement query
« on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:59 am »
Forgive my absolute newbie questions, but I am still wading through all the regulations with regard to livestock. It’s a new world for me.

I have arranged with a neighbouring farmer to graze this year’s lambs once they’ve been split from the flock in a couple weeks time. The purpose is to help him with his sheep so I can learn how to care for my own eventually. Free grazing in exchange for learning.

I have already got my CPH number in preparation for my own livestock. We are in West Wales. My question is, does EIDCymru need to be notified of his flock on my land as they will have different holding numbers? Is that how it works? Or is it within the 10 mile distance rule?

Thanks in advance, oh wise ones.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: CPH movement query
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:01:22 am »
If its a neighbour I assume its within the 10 miles allowed. When I spoke to Eid about the same thing they said that there was no need to report the move as long as the neighbour had no sheep of their own and that it was only my sheep that would be on their holding. Just to make a record of what lambs sheep were at that hlding for my own records.

SafeHaven

• Joined Mar 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 10:04:47 am »
Thanks, that’s helpful. I have no other livestock on my land, apart from my 6 chickens, so it will just be his sheep.

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 10:15:07 am »
As a general rule I record everything, then if it turns out I've made a mistake or misunderstood, we can clear it up neatly. Unless you get a jobsworth, most people dealing with farms and livestock are sympathetic to honest minor errors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS