Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Marley has gone  (Read 6411 times)

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
Marley has gone
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:20:41 am »
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, We went out for dinner & didn't arrive home until quite late.  This morning when we went out to feed everbody, we discovered Marley was gone  :'(  Completely vanished we have looked everywhere & asked our neighbours if they have seen him, but no-one has.  Our neighbour said that he saw 2 men go past a few times in a small white Citroen van last night about 9ish.  The fence was still in tact although a few of the posts were slightly askew.  Our neighbour has informed the Gendarmerie for us as our French is not so good.  We are completely distraught, Marley is a lovely pig & we want him back  :'(
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Marley has gone
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:46:50 am »
What a terrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry and hope that you get him back unharmed.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:37:04 pm »
Oh I am so sorry for you both.
Marley I am sure would not have wandered off, firstly being castrated he wouldnt be looking for a girlie, and you and him are so close he knows when feeding time etc is.
Iam praying someone hasnt taken him thinking he was a wild boar .

Will you please let us know if he turns up or you have further news, as I am really gutted for you. I will ring later this evening to see how you are.

Sadly Donna you are too far from me or I would come over and help you search.

Carole

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:23:17 pm »
Hi again

Just been thinking about this all afternoon, have you tried posting on the anglo info for your area, someone may have spotted something unusual.
Also when he was little he always responded to dried pasta being shaken in a bucket.

Fingers crossed he will just return safe and well

Carole

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 04:47:56 pm »
Hi Carole, That's a great idea & I've just done that.  He still responds to pasta in the bucket & we have looked everywhere for him - with no luck. 
We both think he could of been stolen there is no sign of escape anywhere at all. :'(

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »
Put notices up everywhere even on posts, if pos with a photo, offer a reward.  Am so very sorry for you.  HM

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »
Thanks to all of you for your kind words, We thought maybe this evening he might come wandering back for tea wondering what all the fuss is about...... But he didn't, we have just got in after another long search, Thanks HM tomorrow we'll put posters around & offer a reward.
Donna

chickens

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03:17 pm »
What a terrible thing to happen - I really wish you luck in finding Marley and hope to goodness that he just wondered off and was not stolen. 

Don't give up - you will find him or he will just come wandering back oblivious.

Nicki

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:49:28 am »
Remember Mrs DeVere?  Dont give up looking.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 03:18:52 pm »
Any news yet Donna???????

Carole

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 07:44:50 pm »
Hi Carole,

Thank you so much for your support, we will try taking the dogs to the woods with us tomorrow.  Matt agreed with you he may be scared lying low in the woods & respond to the dogs as they all got on.  Don't know why we didn't think of that.  It has been another awful day, it's the not knowing what has happened.  We have now moved the pigs into our front garden in front of our mobile home! 
Lyn & Nicki Thank you.
Donna

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:06 am »
Hi Donna

Is Marley back now??? Hope so as I remember when Bubbles went walkabout and we were so worried.

Have just been catching up with the forums on AS and saw your post re Marley as yet again we have been without a p.c. for more than three weeks owing to another bloomin thunder storm and a lightening strike!! Honestly I really feel like we have gone backwards sometimes and it is more akin to living the nightmare and not the dream!!

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:55:55 pm »
Hi FG,

Sadly No, he's not back with us  :'( Glad to see you back tho.  FT aren't they wonderful - Not  >:(
Donna

Farmer Giles

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 11:02:35 am »
Ohh dear, so sorry.

Just a thought, have you put up a notice in the Mairie, local shop, bar and even spoken to the school in the village, if you have one, as kids on their bikes get everywhere and its surprising what they come across if you offer a reward!!!

Also neighbouring villages, a pig can wander a great distance and they don't wear a watch so are never conscious of time and distance!!

Hope he comes back soon and if you need a hand give us a shout as we aren't that far from you.

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 09:04:46 am »
Yep we done all that but still nothing, We really miss him as he was a friendly chap and Thanks for the offer of help FG much appreciated.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS