Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: STOLEN DUCKS  (Read 5321 times)

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
STOLEN DUCKS
« on: July 11, 2010, 04:55:13 pm »
I'm so raging that i had to wait to now to put this up..... if i had done it last night i might of used some really bad language.. Yesterday between the 12.30 pm and 6.30 pm we had our ducks stolen from their pens. They have stolen 4 breeding pairs of Khaki Campbells and they accessed us via the field next door which is not in use the weeds are about 4 ft right up to our fence . You can see where the thief has came through the field and over the fence. then let himself into the pens taken what they wanted and then secured the pens up again so the  remaining ones where secure. Obviously the weather was so bad yesterday we could not see the other side of the stable court yard. I could rant on and on for ages I am soooooooo mad.  These where the first sets we ever hatched and it is so furious that we put in the time and effort for what, someone to come along and help themselves.........

Lavinia
Lavinia

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: STOLEN DUCKS
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:59:20 pm »
Lavinia that is awful, no wonder you are you mad. Did you contact the police, not that I suppose much could be done? I am outraged when Mr Fox gets one of my birds but at least that is nature, some one stealing is much, much worse. Miserable b's. :)

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:13:25 pm »
Hi James

I have contacted the police they are supposed to be coming out today to have a look at the area between 3.30 pm and 7.30 pm, like they are  going to turn up and really take it serious.... James loosing the will. Soooo mad, can't even figure out how to put it into words... a pal took pics of them the other week so she is going to email them to me. Not that we are going to have a duck identity parade but at least the police can see what they looked like............

Really need a break going to visit your hotel soon for some TLC......

Lavinia
Lavinia

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 05:41:55 pm »
You never know Lavinia they may just find them, what a result that would be! You are welcome here any time.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »
Oh Lavinia I am so sorry.  I would be so upset too if anyone took any of mine.  Go and have a hug and some TLC from James and Kenny, and have an e-hug from me.  I doubt if teh police will be interested, but hope they just might trace them. 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bevsmith

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
I feel so sorry for you,this has happened time and time again to us,and the police well to put it mildly are useless, we actually told them who was behind the thefts,plus address and they were NOT interested.it,s bad enough 4 legged foxes but 2 legged ones are worse,don,t give up hope of finding out who the rotten B,S are,as we found out who was behind 5 yrs of stealing from us,[ each time we felt like giveing up] but we love our hobby and carried on,the guilty family,were sent the heavy mob round and lets say the message got through and touch wood have had no further thefts.GOOD LUCK AND CHIN UP,DON,T LET THEM WIN. >:(

Lavinia

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Midlothian
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »
Thanks Annie and Bev

I just feel like throwing the towel in, we have had such a run of bad luck for the last 6 weeks.... Stewart(13) fell over his friends feet in school and broke his arm in two places the bone moved and he ended up in theatre, then some idiot driver smashed into my car and i ended up with some minor internal injuries, but not the less had to stay in hospital a few days, just was out of hospital had a huge row with OH, so he left, then the oldest son last sunday damaged his collar bone and shoulder playing rugby ...... now this, really fed up beginning to think this place is jinxed... and the next person who says that things can only get better is going to get battered.

Lavinia >:( >:( >:(
Lavinia

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »
Lavinia I am saddened to read your last post. Life is not at its best for us at the moment either but you have to believe that at some point your luck has to change. Hang in there and don't let any bugger beat you. :bouquet:

NorthWestPoultry.co.uk

• Joined Mar 2010
  • cumbria
  • www.northwestpoultry.co.uk
    • www. North West Poultry .co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »
very sorry to here this carnt understand why any one would go to a great effort to steal khaki campbells ducks
it isent as if there very valuable we keep alot of rare breed choc orpingtons and jubelie orpingtons and we have had to
take precautions never had anything stolen but you just carnt be to carful we have razor wire ,cctv , lound shead - and trespass alarms
3 large dogs -  a shotgun - and a drop floor gate bit like a  cattle grid that drops 10ft below ground to leave a large pit threw the gate entrance so no
vehicles can enter  or leave until the alarm has been nocked off and the floor gate has been raised which has to be done manualy from a  password control in the house
sounds abit over the top but thieves keep their distance  :P
Owner of North West Poultry
suppliers of rare breed day-old chicks and hatching eggs

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »
I would be MAD MAD MAD tooo!!!!! ANyway, I would want revenge and put up a trap!!! A good trap however would be to have a fancy pair of ducks in full show durring the day then take them out of the pen at night and have a BIG GSD tied up inside the Duck pen !! I know it would not work but hay, I would have sleepless inghts thinking up a good revenge ummmmmmmmmmmmm ???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 11:40:05 pm »
They may have been stolen for food.  There are a lot of people on the breadline now that weren't before.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 12:01:58 am »
 8) ??? So I wonder who is having crispy fired DUck instead of Beans and Chips???

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 12:04:15 am »
I appreciate that people are on the breadline but I'm sorry, it's no excuse. I think that other birds were left behind?

I'm sick and tired of people thinking that this type of thing is acceptable and that they are entitled. IT ISN'T and they're NOT!!!

We should start removing the hands of thieves....not going to say what rapists would lose but you can guess.

Lavinia, I don't know you and you don't know me but I wish you all the luck in the world at getting your life back on track. Don't let these things take you further into a downward spiral. From now on believe that your luck has changed and it will. Focus on the good things in life, (there are some) and all the best.

Ian

Oh and by the way, I don't know if it works but I've put a pox on the thief  ;D
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 08:16:18 am »
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I won't state the obvious as I don't want to get battered, but I'm hoping for a change in your luck now.  :)

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:19 am »
It will work!!! I used to say to my children, when they did anything naughty I used to say the fary's will get you back and they often would trip over or bump into something, I used to say, there you are. I do think people get payback....I agree, we are far too soft with criminals and I doubt very much that they were going to be eaten, noot the first thing someone thinks of stealing for food ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS