Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vomiting pig  (Read 2540 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Vomiting pig
« on: September 06, 2017, 06:36:18 pm »
Majorly PISSED at my OH - I go away for 72hrs, leaving pig rations in 6 different buckets for each feed, fill up the water trough and generally make things as easy as possible while I am away.
I come back this afternoon and feed the pigs - they came rushing over as usual, but after a few mouthfuls one of them heads of into the corner of the field and proceeds to throw up several times - lots of fluid (presumably bile) - I then notice the water trough only one third full with stinky green foul water.....
I've cleaned out the trough and filled with nice clean water but I'm now concerned about Squiggles (the pig) - he's not particularly interested in the food, although he is perky in himself. I've tried him with some nice carrots but again he sort of nibbles but not normal voracious chomping.
The others see ok - will keep an eye.
Oh and he lwt the chicken water go to practically zero too -  ???

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Vomiting pig
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:13:20 pm »
Might be worth skipping a feed and just giving clean water, to clear the system.

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »
No lasting ill effects seem to have happened - all pigs back to hungry normal :)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 12:54:41 pm »
Jolly good and I hope you have  :hug: with your OH!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS