Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 3/4 collie ,1/4 Huntaway pups for sale---Wiltshire  (Read 2788 times)

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
3/4 collie ,1/4 Huntaway pups for sale---Wiltshire
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:59:40 pm »
9 pups from a Huntaway x collie bitch sired by my main working collie ''Bill''
7 weeks old ---good strong pups
''Bill'' is an excellent sheep worker and in demand as a stud locally , the dam works a small suckler cow herd
£200
Picture's available  isn't the best i'm afraid as they wont stay still long enough to get them all in view--

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: 3/4 collie ,1/4 Huntaway pups for sale---Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:35 pm »
I think there is a group on FB called working sheepdogs, you could also advertise them on there... :) Hope you sell them soon! They look gorgeous  :love:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 09:06:52 pm »
Need I ask about hereditary disease and health checks?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 09:50:04 pm »
Both dog and bitch are healthy and have had general checks by vets at some stage

Pups haven't seen a vet yet but will be vaccinated in due course

Hereditary/genetic conditions ---not that i know of (Bill has sired plenty of litters before with no problems in the pups)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 11:42:17 pm »
Both dog and bitch are healthy and have had general checks by vets at some stage

Hereditary/genetic conditions ---not that i know of (Bill has sired plenty of litters before with no problems in the pups)
Not quite what I meant.

After your pups leave you or your dog has sired pups you are unlikely to know of any of the following -

Collies are rather more prone than other active breeds of a similar size to developing hip dysplasia, an inherited condition that usually becomes apparent by the time the dog is two years old.
Epilepsy is another one of the more common risks for Collies, which is again generally considered to have a genetic factor to it
One of the most common Collie health problems is a condition called Collie eye anomaly, which is an inherited defect that can lead to blindness.

A predisposition to dilated cardiomyopathy in Huntaway dogs

These can all be tested for, and even in crossbreeds it is worth doing for your own peace of mind.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 07:25:55 am »

Not quite what I meant.

After your pups leave you or your dog has sired pups you are unlikely to know of any of the following -

Collies are rather more prone than other active breeds of a similar size to developing hip dysplasia, an inherited condition that usually becomes apparent by the time the dog is two years old.
Epilepsy is another one of the more common risks for Collies, which is again generally considered to have a genetic factor to it
One of the most common Collie health problems is a condition called Collie eye anomaly, which is an inherited defect that can lead to blindness.

A predisposition to dilated cardiomyopathy in Huntaway dogs

These can all be tested for, and even in crossbreeds it is worth doing for your own peace of mind.

There are plenty of pups sired by Bill in the working local farming community ----with no report of the above  :)

Still puppies left if you're tempted  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS