Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Services hut - Electric & water mains  (Read 2042 times)

him and her

• Joined Aug 2017
Services hut - Electric & water mains
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:51:32 pm »
Hi,

I need to arrange electric and water supplies to my land. In the future I hope to rebuild a fallen barn but in the meantime I was thinking of building a watertight lockable cabin to house a consumer unit and a tap externally. Does anyone know what electrical providers require to make connection? Is it as straightforward as a consumer unit in a watertight building?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:49:46 am by him and her »

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Services hut - Electric & water mains
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 08:11:36 pm »
Hi,

I need to arrange electric and water supplies to my land. In the future I hope to rebuild a fallen barn but in the meantime I was thinking of building a somewhere to house a consumer unit and a tap externally. Does anyone know what electrical providers require to make connection? Is it as straightforward as a consumer unit in a watertight building?

they have specific requirements, when you request a quote they provide a pdf drawing of what you need to provide for them to terminate in. For me with 100A/3ph supply it was quite a substantial building but is smaller for domestic sized supplies

him and her

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:51:50 am »
Thanks GB, I'll work out what size supply I need and ask what the supplier requires to house the board.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 09:06:38 pm »
I've attached the UKPN requirements for example.

him and her

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 10:32:18 pm »
Thanks again GB. I wonder if the prefab fibre glass cabinets are acceptable? I'll make some enquiries.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 06:59:12 am »
Probably, at the size of mine everything pre made was expensive. Cheaper to get a block layer in. Casted the concrete floor and roof myself

him and her

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 07:39:01 pm »
Your absolutely right, I just looked at a price list and they're about £1k !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS