Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New and confused  (Read 1052 times)

Pansypots

• Joined Aug 2017
New and confused
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:10:11 am »
Hi everyone, never thought I'd be on forum like this! I've lived and worked in the countryside (and farms) all my life but never thought I would own a piece of land of my own. I've recently bought a half acre of agri land from a farmer and am now setting about using it. I know it's only a tiny piece of grass compared to most people on here but it's mine!
I keep chickens on someone's else's land so I'm moving (and expanding my flock) to my land and planting cider apple trees to sell to a local cider maker. My confusion comes on the veg side. I want to grow veg mainly to eat but will hope to sell any surplus or if someone asks if they can have some. But from what I've read am I able to do this on agri land? The field isn't attached to my house; I have to cross a road to get into it so it's definitely not garden.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: New and confused
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:17:42 pm »
Hi and welcome Pansy pots.
Search 'change of use', plenty of options.
Seems a bit confusing, may depend on neighbours, but it sounds as if it's for veg you may get away with it, but no hardstanding or buildings.
Just my interpretation of what I've read.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: New and confused
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:53:03 pm »
No idea of the answers to your questions but wanted to say hi and welcome.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS