Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lost pig number  (Read 2816 times)

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
lost pig number
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »
Can anyone tell me how to find out my pig heard number?  I've lost the paperwork and can't find the number.
Never ever give up.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: lost pig number
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 06:38:11 pm »
If you go on the eaml2 website and start to put in your details for a pig movement it should come up with a pre-populated form which will show your herd number.  You can them cancel the movement request.

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:52:41 pm »
Thanks MF,

This would have been all the information I needed if I had ever registered the heard mark online. 

Just to fill in the blanks in case someone else has the same problem ... I found a letter from the Animal and Plant Health Agency that I had been sent to me because the people I bought the pigs from had registered their movement of the pigs to me.  A quick phone call (number 0300 200301) gave me the heard number and confirmation that this 6 figure number is the slap mark for all the pigs.  I have now registered this online with eaml2.

I'm now going to e-bay to buy a slapper ;)
Never ever give up.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »

I'm now going to e-bay to buy a slapper ;)

whatever you do, don't put the slapper on the roof of the trailer..... and forget it's there....

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:42 am »
Is it a six-figure number?  Our herd mark is along the lines of AB 1234. 

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 02:23:19 pm »
If you ring your local animal health office and tell them your holding number, they'll tell you what it is. As Marches Farmer said, it will be 2 letters, 4 numbers (mines RQ 0209!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS