Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for partners for smallholding/cheesemaking in New Zealand  (Read 1285 times)

AislingQuoy

• Joined Apr 2017
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking but I'd love some pointers of where I should be asking!
We are looking for a highly motivated young couple, with a passion for food and sustainability to join us in developing our property on a long term or permanent basis in a partnership or lease type arrangement, although open to other ideas too. We are an organically run 12 acre smallholding in North Canterbury, New Zealand, with a current focus on sheep and goat dairy and cheese.  :goat:  :sheep: This is not a paid job but a partnership and there is opportunity for development of other business ideas or developing the cheese and dairy. Passion and drive are more important than experience or investment. We also take interns so are happy to teach the required skills.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:04:25 pm by AislingQuoy »

frnicholls

• Joined Aug 2017
Re: Looking for partners for smallholding/cheesemaking in New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:16:47 pm »
I'm just commenting here as I actually interned at AislingQuoy last year and wanted to say what a fantastic opportunity this is for anyone wishing to embark on the smallholding way of life! My partner and I originally went to the farm as WWOOFers back in 2014, knowing very little about farming, and Steve and Lyndal taught us heaps. Returning last year to get more involved in the dairying, there is now a 'fromagerie' so the set-up is perfect for someone excited about dairy farming and cheese-making - even if experience is minimal, as Lyndal is more than willing to share her incredible knowledge! It's on a relatively small-scale, so if you're just passionate about sustainable living and know it's the kind of set-up you'd like, but have no idea about how you'd get started, AislingQuoy is a ready-made dream, with plenty of potential for a couple to come along with fresh ideas and develop other areas of the farm.

Anyway, I just hoped posting this might help spread the word - please share this opportunity with friends and family if you think you might know anyone who'd jump at this chance - it's a beautiful spot in New Zealand's South Island, and if it weren't for family ties here in the UK, we'd still be there now!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS