Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats wanted  (Read 3169 times)

Hepkat62

• Joined Aug 2017
Goats wanted
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:01:01 pm »
Hi all...just joined this forum as I am looking for 2.or 3 goats to keep on my land.
Anyone selling or giving?

Isla

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
    • Facebook
Re: Goats wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »
Where?

I have two wether Anglo-Nubians for sale north of Aberdeen.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 07:32:38 am »
Where and what sort of goats.
Milk, meat, fibre, combination?  Just pets with no other purpose?

More info needed please.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:19:50 pm »
Hi all...just joined this forum as I am looking for 2.or 3 goats to keep on my land.
Anyone selling or giving?

Eh....? GIVING? For free? Why?

You may have "just joined" the wrong forum....

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:43:07 pm »
She/he does say selling or giving.

Give us a clue Hepkat62 which end of the country are you? Scotland, Cornwall, somewhere vaguely in the middle.

We're more likely to come up with sensible help if we know a bit more about where you are and what facilities you can offer the goats and your experience or not.

Hepkat62

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 01:00:50 pm »
Hi...we are in Tullibody (near Stirling). I reside on a large (0.5 Hectare approx.) yard which was formerly a skip hire business (not waste disposal)
I have ample outbuildings which would serve as good shelter and there is an abundance of weeds and trees throughout the yard. The area is fully enclosed with adequate fencing and sturdy secure gates. CCTV in operation 24/7
I have access to excellent hay supplies. Although I have no experience I simply hoped to acquire 2-3 goats to allow them some freedom on this land primarily as simple pets but also to help with the upkeep of the yard (weeds etc)
I have researched this venture and I am sure that I could cope well with maintenance etc.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:23:59 pm »
Always worth looking on Preloved or Gumtree for goats if you are not fussed about breed. There are often wethers (castrated males) for sale at reasonable prices.

Peter and Timmys mum

• Joined May 2016
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 06:59:53 am »
Hi, I have a fabulous herd of 7 goats in total, I have to sell, so am willing to split into 2 or 3 groups if needed, they are all very tame and friendly  :) :)

Hepkat62

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 08:14:34 am »
Hi...thanks for the response...can you tell me where you are located please?

Peter and Timmys mum

• Joined May 2016
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 08:35:04 am »
Hi,  I have to rehome all of mine, I have 7 in total but can split into 2x2 and a 3 if necessary.  all are very friendly and used to being petted, they eat out of your hands
thanks,

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS