Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: land transfer  (Read 2809 times)

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
land transfer
« on: July 28, 2017, 07:30:37 pm »
not sure if in right place
do you have to go through a solicitor to transfer ownership of land .or can it be done online !

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: land transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »
You can do it yourself online.

Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:49:54 pm »
Is this transfer as a deed of gift?

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 10:45:27 am »
Are not the same Land Registry changes required regardless of whether you are gifting or selling? The essential thing here is registering the change of ownership correctly, which can be done with or without a solicitor.
Rules are made:

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:49:19 pm »
At some stage you have to give a valuation of the land.My solicitor made me get a valuation from estate agent which cost £150.However this was for a piece of land which was a deed of gift and as I was an executor for the estate a few years after....it did help with the Inland revenue that I had gone through a solicitor and everything was transparent. I even got agricultural relief for inheritance tax pourposes.Saved about £10.000 sorting the will out myself....however always used a solicitor for transfering land.Cost about £500 5 years ago.

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:13 pm »
i'm being given some land and farm building , just been quoted 600 quid  for it wonder if could be done cheaper lol I'm atight Yorkshireman

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 09:16:34 am »
A solicitor will check rights of way/ access etc...£600 sounds about right.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 11:33:48 am »
Is this not like looking a gift horse in the mouth??!!
I personally wouldn't turn down the gift of land and buildings because of a right of way etc. :innocent:

You will need a valuation for capital gains as it's a gift (but not for a normal sale). I'm at present paying £500 for a conveyancing; but you need to enquire if the price includes all the costs as land transfer charges etc and VAT  can soon add another £100 or so. 
Rules are made:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS