Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: first slaughter  (Read 8617 times)

rorsa

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Rainford, Merseyside
Re: first slaughter
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 08:40:50 am »
Thanks to everyone for their kind and helpful comments. As the days have passed the memory has faded somewhat and I have taken comfort from the fact that however stressful the last few minutes were, I gave my pigs a fantastic life. I have the meat back which looks beautiful and will undoubtedly be the best pork I have ever had. Hopefully next time will be a little easier, I think I may have just been a bit unlucky. Having thought a lot about the alternatives I realised that the only alternative would be to become a vegetarian. Anything else would just be rank hypocrisy as my pigs had a better life and death than anything I can buy. If anything, this has made me realise that the only right thing to do is to only eat those animals that I have raised myself. I will also try some of the ideas that others have suggested. It is good to know that there are so many people out there who understand.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS