Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi there just a random question , we are now the lucky owners of 3 ryland sheep  (Read 1332 times)

Debbie29

• Joined Jan 2017
Hi we purchased 3 rylands 3 weeks ok , mainly to help keep the grass down , and generally as pets , just was after some general advice on things , we are doing plenty of reading up on them , but don't think you can beat advice off other people , they are very friendly and come running over when ever we see them , we started with treats to get them friendly and now restrict those ,was wondering if it is a good idea to get in the habit of washing their rears and if so what with , and also around their eyes , were planning on trimming round one of the girls eyes , just waiting till she feels really confident around us , hoping to hear more Deb  :wave:

nimbusllama

• Joined Nov 2010
  • Near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
I had a problem with my Primitive sheep scouring when I wanted to show them, so had to wash and trim them.  I put it down to the spring grass being too rich as they were checked for worms etc.  If your lambs are scouring then I would wash their bums with warm water and washing up liquid, if you think it is going to attract flies and they are dirty.  Also trimming excess wool from the area should help.  If it is caused by the spring grass and not worms then they should settle down as the grass becomes less rich.  Not sure about their eyes but either plain water or a mild saline solution should be suitable.  Good luck  :thumbsup: 

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Are their bums mucky? If so, is it grass or worms?  Again, is there a reason you need to wash around their eyes?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS