Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Am I the only one who has to.......  (Read 2414 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Am I the only one who has to.......
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:24:38 pm »
..... pull things out of my dog's bottom occasionally????javascript:void(0);

We are with him most of the time but can't watch him like a hawk.

Anyway - he likes string and god knows WHAT it was this evening - maybe a bit of his blanket that he's chewed but..... there you go.

Am I the only one that has to do this? Am I missing something? or doing something wrong?. I've never heard this mentioned before.

Anybody any similar experiences?

Susanna
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Am I the only one who has to.......
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:29:51 pm »
My friend has just been in tears on the phone to me - she has just lost her 14nmonth old Vizsla that she bred herself - Hannah, the most lovely natured dog you could find, has always been a chewer and this time Flick thought it was pebbles.  The vet called on her mobile as she was talking to me to say there were multiple ruptures in the stomach wall and it had become too badly infected to save her.  Must have been chewing wood or sticks in the garden over a period of time without Flick knowing.  She is devastated.  Need to watch them like hawks. :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
Re: Am I the only one who has to.......
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »
Yes these things do happen. My heart goes out to Flick, so sad  :(

Our dogs eat a fair amount of grass and that is what makes their poo hang there. It must happen twice a week each dog easy. There is definate relief afterwards too.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS