Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Compact Tractor wanted  (Read 2939 times)

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
Compact Tractor wanted
« on: July 04, 2010, 02:30:47 pm »
Does anyone have a used 4wd compact tractor for sale? Must have pto and 3 pt linkage and be around 20hp.  We are not wealthy so looking for something cheap and serviceable.  Can fix if needed.  Any extras such as topper/mower/harrow etc also useful.  Can travel and pick up on trailer.  Cheers.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Compact Tractor wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:08:33 pm »
I all ways think it would be usefull if these people would put a bit of an idea in my mind as to where thy live Lincoln or Lancaster or whatever Its a long way to fetch a mower from Bradford to Bradford One is in Devon and the other in Yorkshire Hey ho its my prerogative to ignore the post intit don't you think I mean to say you don't need to put No 1 Council House Hawton Road Nottingham.Nottingham is more than sufficient ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:35:03 pm »
Hi Wizard - it does actually (and clearly) say I can travel - that means I will TRAVEL to pick it up!! Wherever it may be and so my location is unimportant.    I've bought one today and I TRAVELLED from North Wales to Lincoln and picked it up on the trailer, as i stated I would!! The seller did not have to ask where I was because he did not have to do anything other than sell it to me.   But I would have gone to Scotland or Cornwall if necessary these things are so hard to get hold of.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
May be so Morri but there are few like you.As I say I only need an approximation.It helps me if no one else My Mother had a saying she used for such like "Do as you like you might live a day longer" :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

pasture eyes

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »
morri2
Phone Roger on 01373 813613  he owns Compact Tractors & Machinery Ltd.,  he's a good straight talking straight dealing chap, he's usually got something that will suit.
Good luck.      :farmer:

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 04:04:49 pm »
Pasture eyes thanks for the response - haven't been on the site for ages.  Managed to sort a tractor a couple of weeks ago.  Cheers for that. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS