Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Strange growth  (Read 3143 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Strange growth
« on: July 06, 2010, 01:41:39 pm »
I have just noticed one of my RIR has a large growth on the side of her head which is covering her eye - any one any ideas? I will phone the vet but don't hold much hope with what they say. The lump i softish and when moves the eye still looks ok.

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Strange growth
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:51:29 pm »
sorry to hear about the strange growth on your chook  :( Hope it is nothing serious and it gets better soon, keep us posted with regards to what the vet says.  Good luck  :wave:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »
Thanks, I phoned the vet and asked their advice and they asked me to take her in. They are confident that it is a tumour and as it is so big leave it alone providing she is happy in herself, is eating and none of the others are attacking her or the lump. I think she may be about 4 years old and she has will have a happy and peaceful time here, however long she manages to go on.

I will need more layers pellets the week after next if that's ok?

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »
james, we had one with the same thing.  went away after a few weeks - we thought she was a gonner it was so enormous but.....its not there now!

and why are you telling the whole world you need more layers please?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:19:08 pm »
james, we had one with the same thing.  went away after a few weeks - we thought she was a gonner it was so enormous but.....its not there now!

Oh that's encouraging then!

and why are you telling the whole world you need more layers please?  You've lost me on that one! I know you will explain and I will look a duh ;D

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 05:13:40 pm »
Hi James glad to hear that your chook can just be kept comfy and see how she goes.  Yes James you can have more layers (pellets) but we are off on holiday on 20th July so if you can let me know when suits I can sort that out before we go.  :wave:  Ps is that what egglady was referring to .....layers pellets???? :)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:27 pm »
Hi James glad to hear that your chook can just be kept comfy and see how she goes.  Yes James you can have more layers (pellets) but we are off on holiday on 20th July so if you can let me know when suits I can sort that out before we go.  :wave:  Ps is that what egglady was referring to .....layers pellets???? :)

what meebh said!  and who is meebh and should i be getting my pellets from there too? :dunce:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 05:55:31 pm »

Thanks again, I shall pass your details on to Laura.

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 08:13:40 pm »
Hi Egglady
I am meebh  :wave:
I live in North East fife and I have layers pellets for sale @ £7.00 for 20kg bag or 3 * 20kg bags for £20. 
Just PM for my details if you are interested.

:yum: :yum: :yum:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 08:56:16 pm »
Hi Egglady
I am meebh  :wave:
I live in North East fife and I have layers pellets for sale @ £7.00 for 20kg bag or 3 * 20kg bags for £20. 
Just PM for my details if you are interested.

:yum: :yum: :yum:
Hi Meebh :wave:
North East Fife is a bit far from Clackmannan - do you deliver and if so how much.  And another question - would you give group discount on production of a membership card? ;) ;) ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

meebh

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 10:08:15 pm »
Hi sorry we can't deliver, too many children and commitments etc, can't sell them any cheaper either, sorry.  We only buy layers in bulk to save me going out for feed as often and had an idea of anyone local or passing by could also have some.  We don't intend to go for commercial wholesale. 
My husband works in Dunfermline though if you would be interested in meeting him at his work to buy some that way.
 :wave:  Thanks for asking.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS