Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Longcarse Farm Cottage - smallholding for sale  (Read 9450 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Longcarse Farm Cottage - smallholding for sale
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »
After some deliberation, Dan and I have decided to bite the bullet and sell Longcarse Farm Cottage. It will be going on with an as-yet-to-be-identified estate agent next week.

Complately refurbished in 2000, the house has 3 bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room, 4th bedroom / study, large bathroom with rolltop bath and seperate shower, dining kitchen with Smeg range cooker, living / dining room with AGA multifuel stove, entrance hall, scullery with wc. Kitchen, scullery, wc, bathroom and entrance hall have terracotta tiled floors; rest of the house apart from the study and shower room, oak floors. Double glazed, cavity wall insulation, loft and underfloor insulation. Gas central heating. Mains gas and electric, septic tank.

Outside; large garage, 8'x6' shed, 8'x6' greenhouse, comfrey bed, soft fruit (raspberries, gooseberries, blackcurrants and strawberries), vegetable garden with 4 raised beds each about 40ft long, small orchard (apples, pears, cherries and plums). Two 30ft x 40ft pig pens with pig ark between. Field shelter, well fenced paddocks. River frontage to the south and views to Ochil Hills and Wallace Monument to the North. About 1 acre in total.

Good primary and secondary school about 1 mile walking distance away. 15 minutes walk to the station - 1 hour to Glasgow and Edinburgh. 40 minutes by road to Edinburgh Airport.

Perfect smallholding for someone who wants to hit the ground running. We expect it to go on the market at offers over £295,000 but we haven't had it valued yet and will confirm once that's been done.

Anyone interested, PM me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:23:24 pm by Dan »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Longcarse Farm Cottage for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:40:02 pm »
Your house sounds really nice, Rosemary. An acre of land is ideal for people wanting to keep livestock on a small scale, and  the veg plots and fruit are a bonus too.  I am sure you will not be short of people wanting to buy!!!

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 01:38:56 am »
It's a lovely place & very picturesque alongside the river Forth.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 02:19:45 am »
Good luck selling it, it sounds lovely.

Please add a link to the estate agents when its on the market so we can all have a look.  :)

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 08:50:51 am »
I know it well and used to run around there as a kid when my friends at the time lived there. Great spot! Why are you selling up Rosemary, got your eye on a bigger place?

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:10 am »
It is a lovely spot you have, ideal for smallholding. I'm sure it will make someone very happy. What made you decide to sell instead of rent it out?

Beth

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 11:53:34 am »
I love it too, if we had it our dogs would be perminatley in the water....alas no ££ and this house is our income and I like it here as well..someone will get a very nice home!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 05:25:12 pm »
I know it well and used to run around there as a kid when my friends at the time lived there. Great spot! Why are you selling up Rosemary, got your eye on a bigger place?

Moving to Barry, Angus.

Decided that a clean break is better, so going to sell.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 07:46:59 pm »
The house will be on with Baird Lumsden www.dmhbl.co.uk later this week.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:08 pm »
The house is now listed on Baird Lumsden's website, offers over £275,000 - http://dmhbl.co.uk/index.php?m=property_detail&id=267

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
Re: Longcarse Farm Cottage - smallholding for sale
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »
I wish we lived anywhere near, that looks like a great place.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:39:32 am »
If only...

whistful dreamy thoughts in head...

Looks a beautiful property if i had the cash i'd SO want it!!!!!

Good luck selling it...

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 01:16:31 pm »
Sounds lovely and in the right area for me but sadly not enough land as I have 10 acres here and rent another 20 a few miles away for grazing so wanted 20-50 in one place ideally..

Hope you find a buyer or if your neighbouring farms would sell up some land let me know as I'm looking to move to Stirlingshire/Trossachs/Highland Perthshire once I work out how to sell and buy without homeless animals in between!!
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »
If our neighbour would have sold us some land, we wouldn't have moved either  ;D

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:41 am »
Oh Dear Santa, Ive been an exceptionally good boy this year, PLEASE MAY I??????????
Craig

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS