Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Not sure if I am happy or sad!!  (Read 4449 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Not sure if I am happy or sad!!
« on: July 02, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »
or both!!

I really miss the goats I have sold/given away, and although I know they are hopefully in good homes, I do still worry about them, and if they are ok.  Without pestering the people, I have texted them to ask have the goats they too settled in etc. and they have been good enough to reply and set my mind at rest.  I especially miss Jasmine and Paddy, the billy.  I am upset too, as I had waited so long for Jasmine to kid, and have milk again, and now someone else is enjoying that milk!!!!

Yesterday, I was down in the Midlands on the train, and this is going to sound daft, but as the train went through an area near where these two goats have gone, I got really upset, and on the verge of tears.  They were on my mind for the rest of the day then.  I texted this morning to ask how they were and got a very nice text back saying they were absolutely fine, and they were looking after them.  I was relieved to hear all was well, and thought I was happy .....and promptly burst into tears at work.  So ....seems I was not happy after all :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:51:47 pm by Roxy »

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Not sure if I am happy or sad!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »
Roxy, big hugs being sent to you. :bouquet: :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »
bless you, that just means you're a good goat-keeper  (and a soppy fool  ;)  !!!)
more hugs from us   
x
Little Blue

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:37 pm »
Big hugs Roxy x

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 03:34:07 pm »
I don't think your pestering at all Roxy, you love your goats and that doesn't stop once they have gone to new homes and big hugs from me too
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »
Crying doesn't mean you're not happy! You must be a bit sad, but also relieved that they're gone to good homes. It's a really emotional time for you and crying's just a release of all the emotions. This is from a champion cryer - all occasions, happy, sad, funny. At the adverts, at books, films, flowers, music - I think you're doing great, for what it's worth.  :bouquet:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 11:35:21 pm »
 :)At least I still have my ponies - for the time being, and of course still have 13 goats.  Two of the pygmy goats are due to kid soon, so thats something to look forward to.  And watching Primrose and Poppy, Jasmine and Paddys daughters, makes me smile.  The antics those two get up to!!  They seem to have adopted me as their mum, and follow me round the field, getting in my way. 

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 11:42:09 am »
You are their mum to all intents and purposes. My goats are my babies- and they know it! So spoilt. I am sure the people who bought the goats from you won't think you are interfering- I am sure they are glad of any help.

Beth

lassemista

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 04:55:11 pm »
I have my first ones going this weekend, to some lovely people who are new to goats, but I wonder what I will feel. Except relief at having one less to milk.....
andrea.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 05:28:58 pm »
Cutting my goat numbers was supposed to lessen my workload, but I am still out until around midnight .....so parting with the goats does not seem to have made much difference!!  I thought having Primrose and Poppy would take my mind of the goats going, but I think its made it worse, as its like looking at Jasmine, their Mum!!!  Had enquiries about them, but some people just want to take one, others have not kept goats before etc.etc.  would rather keep them, than them end up somewhere I would not like them to be.  Goat kids are a handful, and although cute to look at, people soon get fed up of their antics, and they would be up for sale again.

kazchick

• Joined Jul 2010
  • essex
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 04:18:44 pm »
or both!!

I really miss the goats I have sold/given away, and although I know they are hopefully in good homes, I do still worry about them, and if they are ok.  Without pestering the people, I have texted them to ask have the goats they too settled in etc. and they have been good enough to reply and set my mind at rest.  I especially miss Jasmine and Paddy, the billy.  I am upset too, as I had waited so long for Jasmine to kid, and have milk again, and now someone else is enjoying that milk!!!!

Yesterday, I was down in the Midlands on the train, and this is going to sound daft, but as the train went through an area near where these two goats have gone, I got really upset, and on the verge of tears.  They were on my mind for the rest of the day then.  I texted this morning to ask how they were and got a very nice text back saying they were absolutely fine, and they were looking after them.  I was relieved to hear all was well, and thought I was happy .....and promptly burst into tears at work.  So ....seems I was not happy after all :(
Do you no what, this means that you are a lovely person,who really cares so much..I wish more people in the world cared so much about animals like you do.
big hugs coming from Essex :love: :bfly:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »
Thank you, Kazchick!!  Feeling a bit better now ....although it still upsets me especially at feed times, and there is no billy goat banging on his door, impatient for his tea!!  One thing I don't miss is the billy goat smell, although we still have the pygmy intact male.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS