Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grazing land valuation  (Read 1803 times)

paulo

• Joined May 2017
Grazing land valuation
« on: May 08, 2017, 08:15:34 pm »
Help! I have inherited a 50% share of a piece of land (<1 acre) It has been previosly rented out for around £100pa and has held a couple of sheep, when it wasn't rented out the hedging ended up costing over £200. The field is rectangular with a road on 2 sides and fields on the other 2, It has a public right of way around 2 sides and it cannot be built on. It also slopes in from all sides to the bottom. There is no water supply or electricity. How on earth can I value it without the cost of employing land surveyors? (I believe it is described as rough pasture /grazing.)

Thanks

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Grazing land valuation
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:27:21 am »
Why do you need a valuation? Is it for a solicitor..or to do with a will.Land is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it ! I had to do a deed of gift of some land and a proper valustion was required by estate agent some 5 yrs ago.It cost £160.
I dont think rough pasture prices have changed much over the last few years.Pony paddock land can be worth a bit more.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Grazing land valuation
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 08:06:29 am »
It depends greatly on where in the UK you are, the closer to any towns or cities the greater the value. It sounds like it'd make an ideal pony paddock, or would suit someone wanting to keep a few sheep. I'd ask a rural estate agent to come out and value it for you as a rough guide.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS