Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Prolapse harness  (Read 5279 times)

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
Re: Prolapse harness
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 09:13:15 am »
unfortunately it depends on the risk you are willing to take - most will send to market.  If you use better management next year but I'm not sure prolapse is connected to breeding not sure about over eating.  Far to dangerous to stuff animals.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 04:15:13 pm »
Little Orphan Annie will never be going to market  :hugsheep:
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »
Our mild prolapse is going for mutton after weaning...  Interested to try mutton from our own ewes anyway so it's a bit of an experiment... our other empty cull ewes are going to market.  Must be strong- 3 out of 9 of our ewes will be culled and all probably could be given a second chance but I always said our mini flock would be run as commercial as possible and that means culling hard.

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against culling whatsoever, just not Annie. She's rather special. She was born prematurely by C-section after her mum was attacked by a dog and had to be shot. All rather traumatic but she's a real pet.
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS