Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Damn Weather  (Read 3402 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Damn Weather
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 11:32:14 pm »

<<< It's our fault for clout casting before end May >>>

You didn't :o :o :o   I'm still wearing my two winter vests and winter lined trousers  ;D

<<< The may blossom is budding up fast and will be out in a couple of days here. >>>

No sign of may blossom here.  Arctic blasts and drenching showers keep me snuggled up.  For months on end I can't believe anyone can ever wear shorts, then suddenly I can't see how I could ever wear all that heavy gear.  I love that we have such amazing weather and changing seasons.  It would be really monotonous having no seasons, daylight only from 6-6 all year round, and endless blue sky, apart from the odd hurricane  ;D   Whatever would we moan about  :eyelashes:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:18:20 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 05:50:47 pm »
I'm feeling very very smug. It's been horribly dry down here for weeks and we have just spent the last few days walking part of the Coast to Coast. Walked the notoriously boggy 9 standards in a touch of hail, but consequently no rain, whilst it lured down in Cambridge. Hippy!  4 lovely days walking, dry feet, and plenty of green grass to come home to.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 05:57:06 pm »
Sorry to hear that... We have had a few cold wet nights and the other day we had a storm, lost a couple of lambs too :( All in all though chilly nights and warm days... rained today, so thats giving the grass a nice watering... temp has stayed about 12-14 C, I think.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS