Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pesticide Course panic  (Read 1732 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Pesticide Course panic
« on: April 22, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »
Don't know where else to put this -
Attended pesticide training PA1 on Monday, did the training, came to mock 'exam', multiple choice answers,  one of 4 boxes to mark for each question.
Handed my paper in, instructor started marking, one after the other wrong, I was wanting to crawl away and die till I saw him mark one that I knew should have been right. He was only a few from the end when he lifted the 'mask' that only showed the correct boxes. Looked at the top of the clipboard, shuffled the mask a bit further under so the 'windows' were showing the line above, and all my crosses appeared. I presume the others had also been watching in disbelief at how thick I must have been, i bet he was as relieved as me!
Good laugh all round I think,
Anyway, good day in the end, met some nice people over the 2 days.

pigs in space

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Preston Lancashire
Re: Pesticide Course panic
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:32:02 pm »
Hope you don't mind me asking   Where  did you do your course and how much did it cost you.
Steve.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:37 pm »
Hi, company is based in Keighley, WY. Cost was about £460 for the 2 parts, basic handling and weedwipe. City and Guilds .

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »
Reminds me of my failing the Day Skipper theory exam on one question (all needed to be correct).  But then it became apparent that all but one course member got the answer wrong on that question - the tutor blamed himself (phew!) and the RYA let us redo the question (with two other Qs added to make us squirm) - and all but one of us passed in the end.  Never went on to take the practical - I decided navigation is too much of a head-ache and sailing involves too much faffing about!  Bought a bit of land instead!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS