Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dexter heifers to sell  (Read 1822 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Dexter heifers to sell
« on: April 14, 2017, 09:01:51 pm »
Posting here rather than in Marketplace at this point because we're just starting to talk about it and haven't a clue about how much we should ask.

We have a 2015 heifer, Charlie, who comes a-bulling regularly, and two 2016 heifer calves Flora and Luna. 

All are black, ours aren't the very short-legged type. All are relatively easy to handle and could be made more so if required. 

They are surplus to requirements, our freezers being full and our herd currently not requiring replacements. 

Happy to sell for breeding or for rearing for meat. 

Any idea what sort of price they should fetch?

We're in North Cornwall, not far from Bude and Holsworthy.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Dexter heifers to sell
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:26 pm »
Hi Sally - could probably do with some pics to make it easier to assess them and decide their value.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 09:35:37 pm »
I will see if I can get some good pics :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 01:14:45 pm »
There are a few people selling them on preloved and this link here may be helpful too...
https://www.sellmylivestock.co.uk/livestock/for-sale/?Sold=1&Species[]=C&LivestockCategories[]=B&LivestockTypeRefs[]=EB9CB501-F92E-11E2-AFAB-0800279318BD&BreedRefs[]=96A408AF-F868-11E2-AFAB-0800279318BD
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS