Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Permitted development how the 5 hectares are measured?  (Read 12009 times)

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Re: Permitted development how the 5 hectares are measured?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 11:51:48 am »
Think you only really hit accounts and business plan requests is if you are
applying for a residential building/caravan on agricultural land

AndrewMawson

• Joined Jun 2009
  • East Sussex
Re: Permitted development how the 5 hectares are measured?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »
Our new Tractor Shed starts being built tomorrow. We've just got the 5 Ha and that needs broad red lines round the holding on the map !!), put in a 28 day notice, and had the council agricultural adviser come round and report. Genuinely it's to store tractors and machinery as the yard is littered with it, but at the time of the visit we had minimal livestock (one sow in pig and about 20 sheep) however it was fairly obvious that the housing and facilities were there and stock had recently been thinned out.

We had no commercial questions asked whatsoever, nothing about the state of fences etc and actually it's none of their business.

I'm sure that sitting him down with a cup of tea and fresh baked cakes and listening to the sad story of his recent bereavement helped in getting a positive report.

Now I need to find out if it is sensible to register for VAT to claim back the not inconsiderable amount of VAT on the 45 x 40 foot shed - I'll start another thread for that elsewhere on the forum.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:41:40 pm by AndrewMawson »
AWEM
East Sussex

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS