Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Quad bike sprayer for field fertilisation  (Read 6181 times)


  • Joined Jul 2012
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Quad bike sprayer for field fertilisation
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:28:42 pm »
yep stand corrected- it seems as you say you can purchase sprays but they have to be sprayed by someone with the right certificates and it is an offence to purchase sprays if the user who will be spraying them doesn't have the right qualifications.

LOL, you not me may be right!  My wife has just got in and told me you do need a certificate to buy it and that the cert holder can directly supervise someone without a certificate.  It's a little confusing, I've also just read that if you have a sprayer fitted to a quad bike then you need to have the sprayer checked and certificated once a year to show that it is correctly calibrated  :raining:

Big Light

  • Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
Re: Quad bike sprayer for field fertilisation
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 06:54:49 am »
Get a hand pushed spinning fertiliser spreader - holds up to 40kg depending on the size - really good for improving less accessible areas use something like 16 16 16 if it hasn't been done for a while sorts below and above ground - getting tests is good advice but if you can't or its cost prohibitive then try a small bag or 2 and compare growth on the treated and in treated areas


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS