Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what a lovely day...  (Read 2380 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
what a lovely day...
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:32 pm »
...had by all today at The Chestnut Conservation Centre in the High Peak.

Seen 4 types of otter, loads of owls (including a Hedwig!) vixens, roe deer - all ages, Scottish wildcats, polecats, pine marten and a bucket of dead chicks they were having for dinner!

The guide was brilliant - and very good with the clientele we took.  nice man, who wants to keep goats so a friend for life!!

Great value for £, though not "hands on" so be prepared to look at lots of wire - but can get v close.

Recommend the guided tour, so you know what you're looking for, if you dont read signs!

:D
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: what a lovely day...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:31:39 pm »
Just up the road from us - we ride along the lanes next to the Chestnut Centre.  Often see the little deer in the fields as we pass by!!

I am soooo jealous of a friend of mine, as she has just got a job as a guide there.  Its the sort of place I would like to work.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:42:37 pm »
its great, though I was abit concerned that the cages weren't that big.  but they're obviously within the regulations.
I kept my eye out for a field with goats and a llama, from the bus window...  but didnt know you're that close!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:48:00 pm »
We are a few miles further on, but across the fields where we ride, its very close!!!

Yes, I think people have an image of the animals all running free, and sadly thats not so.  Suppose they would all fly, swim, run away though.  The people who run it are very knowledgeable, and I am sure the livestock are well cared for.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:00:56 pm »
"For a roll in the hay" as Ken Dodd would say :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 11:09:30 pm »
Love a nice day out!!!too far from us here/

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 12:38:43 am »
If you are ever in Derbyshire, its worth visiting, Sandy, we have some lovely places here to go.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS