Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheering and injections from entrotoximia etc.  (Read 2254 times)

peterbaa

• Joined Mar 2010
Sheering and injections from entrotoximia etc.
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:33:22 pm »
I live near Burnham On Crouch is there anyone not too far away from me that could do my 2 Rams
sheering next season would take a load off my mind to know I can get it done when it is due, also any
one that could maybe inject them when I get the Hetavac as not too confident to do this first time,
maybe someone who I can call on for help should I get stuck as not very sheep knowledgeable . . .

shrekfeet

• Joined Sep 2008
Re: Sheering and injections from entrotoximia etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:29:47 am »
Peter I'm really concerned by some of your posts. I think you need to get yourself a good sheep husbandry book, join the small shepherds club or go on a course. You need to build up some experience quickly or you are going to have problems and possible animal welfare issues

peterbaa

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:53:54 pm »
Ok thank you I will take your advice.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:53:45 pm »

Have you a farm near you where they have sheep, if so perhaps it would be worth asking them for help and also going along and getting a bit of experience.
I have been lucky in that the farm next to me have sheep ,the farmer does a lot of judging at shows, they have in fact become very good friends, so have been invaluable at shearing and worming time.
So my advice would be make friends with your nearest sheep farmer, they are always gratefull for an extra pair of hands at times.
Anne

peterbaa

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:19:41 pm »
Yes there is a sheep farm or two local here and thank you for the idea I will go and see the farmer
and like you suggested get some hands on experience. Thank you . . .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS