Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Nose net  (Read 4251 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Nose net
« on: July 06, 2010, 06:27:20 pm »

My little mare is head tossing when ridden out, she seems to be worse when surrounded by high hedges,she is ok in the winter so thought I might get a nose net for her can anyone recomend a good one. I have seen some which are like net nose bags and others which just seem to sit over the top of the nose.
Anne

Hardfeather

Re: Nose net
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:22 am »
What sort of head tack is she ridden in?

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:47 am »

Hi she is ridden in a Heritage comfort bridle with flash noseband  and german hollowmouth snaffle bit. This is definately only a summer problem.
Anne

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:13 am »

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:02 am »
I used to have a cob that was a headshaker and unfortunately the net didnt really help for him but I do know of horses with reactions to pollen that it does help.

I use the nose net now on my Dales when the flies are bad, it just keeps them off his nose so he isnt irritated, if I dont use it at height of summer he will toss his head about which is quite annoying.

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:28 am »
My big guy sufferes a bit in the summer - I tried the ones that go over the top which didn't quite stop it and also the one that looks like a nose bag but it was ridiculously bulky! I ended up just sewing two pieces of very soft mesh fabric together and attaching some stringy bits to tie it to his nose band with - it works wonders and is not as intrusive as some of the bought ones I've tried!  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS