Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: recording fallen stock on ARAMS  (Read 2817 times)

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
recording fallen stock on ARAMS
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:46:01 pm »
Evening all
my completely addled, sleep deprived head can't work out how I record a movement of a dead ewe on Arams, and i'm sure as always one of you good people will help.
cant see on a normal recording of movement form where you can report it as being removed after death.(the kennel took her this morning.

Been a rotten few days, with no sleep, and our very first dead ewe, following twin lamb, C-section and failure to recover. 3 vet visits in 3 days is more than we had had in previous 7 years (we're not so smug now Smiling Sheep) and the death of one of our very first special girls Pip.. anyway the lambs were saved and are now being bottle reared by a friend so not all was lost. if I can sort out the bleeding ARAMS then  even better

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: recording fallen stock on ARAMS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 09:16:06 pm »
No need to tell ARAMS just record it in your movement book.  The Knackers usually give you a fallen stock certificate to keep with your records.

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:38:16 pm »
thanks - that explains why I couldn't find out how to do it, weve got the certificate

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:04:42 am »
Sorry to hear you are not having a good one.  :hug:

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 09:15:49 am »
Do you have a Holding Register?  Section 4, "Deaths" has space for recording the information, including a column "Approved disposal route used", where you can note whether it was the Hunt kennels or knackerman that took her.  Around here the saying is that if lambing starts badly it ends well, and vice versa.  We, too, have just lost a couple of lambs where the ewe got bumped at the trough and went in to labour far too early, necessitating a Caesarean.  Watching the lambs gasp for breath but not be able to expand their lungs because of lack of surfactant is a sad experience.

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:17:03 pm »
Oh Devonlad, that is rotten news to read..... As you know, we are too familiar ourselves with the loss of precious ewe after lambing.  Heart goes out to you both...

And the reminder that notwithstanding a really challenging and tough lambing last year we are completely and utterly excited about going through it all over again next month....

Get in touch if you want fellow smallholders to rant and rave with!

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 12:29:08 am »
Thanks all- just as a little postscript to our lambing woes, our final girl, who we were becoming increasingly anxious about as we believed her to be due 14 days ago decided to lamb unobserved this evening between my 8 o'clock and 10 o'clock visits. at 8pm, no sign of anything imminent- at 10pm 3 little beauties hopping about the pen.
mum in very good nick and all 3 with full bellies, easy this lambing lark

TheSmilingSheep

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:30 am »
delighted!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS