Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Call Ducklings for Sale - Aberdeenshire  (Read 9225 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Call Ducklings for Sale - Aberdeenshire
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:55:13 am »
Hello All
We now have call ducklings for sale - we will be able to tell the sex of the older groups in the next week (with any luck) and several groups 3-6 weeks old. All different colours from Black bibbed, Grey, Silver, Apricot.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
Re: Call Ducklings for Sale - Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:04 am »
Hi

Where about in Aberdeenshire are you based?

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:39 pm »
Hi Lunanlife
We're AB42 - Near Mintlaw - visitor's always welcome, also up and down to Perth every so often if that's of any help
Clare
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 02:55:15 pm »
Hiya
How much are you looking for for them?
I am interested in a pair. Perth would be a great place to meet up. I am away until the 17th July would that work for you?
Kirsty
kirsty

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »
Hi Kirsty - I would be looking for £25 for a pair, they are pure call duck, little, round, wee bills. I'm sure I could sort something out around the 18th or so would coordinate with picking up a Jacob ram just south of Perth (whenever I do a trip down, try to see family, do some work etc pack everything in). Clare

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 06:11:17 pm »
Hi Brucklay

those ducklings are gorgeous and I see you are getting a Jacob Ram for your ladies.  How exciting  :D Saw some superb Jacobs at the Highland Show yesterday.  Hope your lambs are doing well.

:sheep:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:38 pm »
Hi Anna, Yes went down to see 3 rams a lady has and decided on the least scarryest!!! Actually he looked lovely so he'll be coming soonish for the girlie's - hope they fancy him. The lambs are huge now, I think the ram lamb knows his fate, he's getting really friendly, maybe in the hope I'll change my mind about the abattoir - but I've got to keep to the plan. The ewe lambs are doing great and they are almost keeping on top of the grass. The ewes are looking better now their fleece is growing in a little after being shorn and they've certainly got used to me - running up to the gate for crunches when they see me coming - so all is well, hope things are good with you too. Clare

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »
Around the 18th would be great I'll definitely take a pair. Would they be brother and sister?
I will get back home on the 17th later on and will be out of email contact whilst away (10th - 18th)
Which way will you go down to Perth? I am nr. Kirriemuir so Forfar or Meigle might be good rendevous spots
Many thanks
Kirsty
kirsty

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:29 am »
Hmmmm, might be looking for an Apricot drake- have managed to hatch ducklings ourselves this year, but have lost our drake and think all the ducklings might be girls!

Will give you a shout when I can tell the sex.

Beth

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:03 am »
Hi Kirsty - very soon I'll be able to sex them and we have 3 families of that age - so would be unrelated as far as I can tell (ie they have their partners but not always totally faithfull!!). I'll start getting myself organisted and confirm dates - I seem to have got ahead of myself re the ram - do you mind if it's a few weeks later!! I come down via Forfar, Glamis, Meigle - is Glamis the closest?

Hi Beth - you think the odd's were that you get a drake wouldn't you - I'll try and do a photo shoot of the one's ready/nearly ready at my end - maybe some of the experts on here can tell!! All the best Clare

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 09:22:45 am »

Hi I have a lonely male call duck so would be interested in a couple of females for him, I am down in Berwickshire but would be happy to come up to meet you around Perth. It would not matter what colour they were.
Anne

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
Hi Daisys Mum - I'll try and get some pictures done today of the young ones definately a few girls as their squeeks are getting a little louder!! - it's actually Glenfarg I'm going down to - just a wee bit closer for you - it's going to take a bit or orgaisation at my end as I ideally I have to arrange a 100m of fencing before the ram arrives so will post later today "the plan" all the best
Clare

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:09 am »
hi again
Not at all worried about the timing. Meigle would actually be our closest - we're in Glenisla to the west of kirriemuir.
What a fab plan!
K
kirsty

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:41 am »
Hi Kirsty - ok Meigle it is - got to do some work now but will work on 'the plan' this afternoon!!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 11:53:24 am »
Still trying to get the timings right for the trip - paddock to be cut/new fence to go up (fencing man organised), then ready for the ram when I can arrange to collect then I can come down and so it all depends on the contractor cutting the hay!! he's waiting for the weather!!

Pictures of all the ducklings cute and ugly at http://www.brucklaypygmygoats.co.uk/Brucklay_Pygmy_Goats_Call_Ducks.html

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS