Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 3rd party liability insurance for 2 sheep  (Read 2336 times)


  • Joined Feb 2017
3rd party liability insurance for 2 sheep
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »
Just got 2 lovely Shropshire wethers for lawnmowing duty in our orchard and a fenced garden area (about 1.5 acres) and have been looking for 3rd party liability insurance in case they escape and cause mayhem. The farmers here all use NFU but they require you to have another policy with them and their building insurance was £400 more expensive than what I currently pay, so not really viable. Others like F&M etc have minimum charges of around £200 but that covers many more animals and land. Sheep societies don't seem to provide this sort of cover as part of membership which is a shame.
The cheapest I have found so far is £118 from an exotic pet insurer which seems very expensive, does anyone have any recommendations?

Marches Farmer

  • Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: 3rd party liability insurance for 2 sheep
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 08:31:07 pm »
You could ask smallholder insurance specialists, such as Cliverton?


  • Joined Jan 2013
  • Ireland
Re: 3rd party liability insurance for 2 sheep
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 04:31:45 pm »
Wouldn’t household public liability cover you for two pets?  Even more so as they are fenced which is more than can be said for most household pets, eg. Dogs.


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2023. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS